Those stakeholders who attended our first design events included representatives from schools, public health nursing, early years, speech and language, special educational needs, parents and carers, and children and young people. We shared ideas on how we could deliver the Balanced System® outcomes in Dorset.
The main high-level themes coming out of the events were:
• Common approach and language
• Training for all – multidisciplinary/parents and carers
• One information resource
• Everybody’s business
A further Event 2 was held on 10th February 2021 and the main high-level themes were:
- Training for all setting staff.
- Raise knowledge, skills and awareness of parents.
- Ensure transition arrangements are in place.
- Central resource of tools/information.
- Standardise/approve symbols and resources.
- Audits of staff skills, training and environments.
- Whole school involvement.
- Identify communication champion in each setting.
- Network of key contacts/leads. Joined up working.
Our next steps will be to use these ideas to inform our plans. Let us know that you would like to be involved.