Three more pharmacies in Dorset are joining the fight against COVID-19 by offering appointments for booster jabs.
- Highcliffe Pharmacy, Lymington Road, Christchurch
- Beaminster Pharmacy, Hogshill Street, Beaminster
- Boots Pharmacy, Commercial Road, Bournemouth
Booster jabs are available to anyone who has had both initial vaccination doses and can be booked a minimum of 26 weeks after the second dose.
Currently booster jabs are available to
- people who live and work in care homes
- frontline health and social care workers
- people aged 50 and over
- people aged 16 and over with a health condition that puts them at high risk of getting seriously ill from COVID-19
- carers aged 16 and over
- people aged 16 and over who live with someone who is more likely to get infections (such as someone who has HIV, has had a transplant or is having certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis)
- People who are pregnant and in 1 of the eligible groups can also get a booster dose.
You will be invited for your booster vaccine by one of our vaccination services. Once you have received an invite you can book an appointment via the National Booking System or by calling 119.
If you have booked your booster jab and are unable to make it, please cancel at the earliest opportunity so someone else can use your appointment time.
If you haven’t yet had both doses of your vaccinations, it is not too late to book an appointment. Visit the National Booking System or call 119.
For more information visit www.dorsetccg.nhs.uk/vaccinations.