We will contact you when it is your turn
In line with the latest national JCVI guidance, we are now rolling out the COVID-19 booster vaccine programme across Dorset to those who are eligible – we will be following the guidelines in the order and eligibility given.
The NHS in Dorset has been working hard to get ready for the next phase of the roll out of the life-saving vaccine.
It is important to note that even if you fall within one of the early cohorts (due to your age or existing health conditions) you will only be eligible for your COVID-19 booster vaccine at least 6 months after your second vaccine dose.
We will be delivering the booster doses of the vaccine in a number of ways across Dorset.
Who can get a COVID-19 booster vaccine?
Booster vaccine doses will be available through the NHS for people most at risk from COVID-19 who have already had 2 doses of a vaccine at least 6 months after your second vaccine.
- people who live and work in care homes
- frontline health and social care workers
- people aged 50 and over
- people aged 16 and over with a health condition that puts them at high risk of getting seriously ill from COVID-19
- carers aged 16 and over
- people aged 16 and over who live with someone who is more likely to get infections (such as someone who has HIV, has had a transplant or is having certain treatments for cancer, lupus or rheumatoid arthritis)
- People who are pregnant and in 1 of the eligible groups can also get a booster dose.
You can book your COVID-19 booster vaccine dose online if you are eligible.
You may be able to have your vaccine with a local NHS service that is not available using the details above, such as your local GP practice. If you would prefer to be vaccinated via that route, please wait for the service to contact you.
Health and social care workers
You will be invited for your booster vaccine by one of our vaccination services, however you can also access your booster via the NBS at alternative vaccination site.
Still not had your first or second COVID-19 vaccine jab? There’s still time.
There is still time to get your COVID-19 jab. There are many opportunities across Dorset where you can get your vaccine. Go to: nhs.uk/CovidVaccine.